Monday, September 11, 2023

hello

 

My goodness, where did the week go?  Better yet where did 10 days go?  It has been very busy here, lots of canning getting done, an Amish auction attended and a 5-day quilt retreat for me, to get away and sew and visit with my dear friends who all have the same interest...quilting.

Cooler weather has arrived, but the rains have not.  We still haven't had rain and our whole property, yard and pastures are very brown and dry.  It makes me wonder if we will ever see green again when we look out our windows.

You sure don't see these old pay phones anymore.  This one is at the gas station that I stop for gas at occasionally.  I wish it was intact with the phone receiver and cord, though the phone numbers are still readable that are posted on the phone.

Times have sure changed from pay phones to cell phones.  If only we could make a call from a pay phone again, at least I would love to.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you had a great time at that quilt retreat. A perfect getaway.
    I love seeing that old phone. I would also love to use one again.

    ReplyDelete