Wednesday, April 10, 2024

water level and the eclipse

Did you all enjoy the eclipse if you were able to observe it?  We did, though we were not in the full path of it.


Our river has started to rise again. I'm sure up north had been getting snow and rain which causes our rivers and creeks to rise.  I wish I had taken photos of the river when it was very low and you could see many, many, sandbars.  It's good to see the river level up again.

Spring seems to be coming and I'm so excited for that.  I usually start my own tomato and pepper plants, but this year with company coming from Texas and Michigan for sugaring I just didn't get a chance to find the time to do it.  So, I will be going to the local nursery that a Mennonite family have and will be getting my plants from them, at least all the plants that I like to start on my own.  They have beautiful plants and I always get my hanging plants and potted plants from them.  

It's supposed to be getting warmer in the next week or so and the nursery opens on the 12th for the year and I can't wait to go see what they have this year.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I hope spring is here... I put the snow shovel away yesterday. Ha! I am so excited to start gardening.
    Happy Spring,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy the eclipse!
    Hooray for Spring! I can't wait to start my tomatoes, peppers and basil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in line with the total eclipse...and did enjoy it. We have had rain, rain, and then more rain. Supposed to rain more tonight and half the day tomorrow. But I am not complaining.

    ReplyDelete