Monday, July 08, 2024

in the hills

On our way to breakfast yesterday, the hills were smoking all around us, I love it when they do.


Momma kitty was all tired out from a day of hunting.  It was hot and humid, and she was absolutely tuckered out.


On my walk the other morning I had some eyes on me.  Our neighbor is going to be done raising beef and this one is the last of 4 that are up here at what is called the upper barn.  It'll be sad not to see any more beef cattle here when I take my walk.

Life here in the hills, you just never know what you'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the smoking hills!
    Kitty looks pretty sweet, just getting a little rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!! :-)
    Thank you for sharing your part of Wisconsin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every now and then about how we could look to the mountains at home and see the mist rising...after a rain. And oh, could hear the rain coming from a ways off. I hate to think that I may never enjoy that again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos- we used to have a lot of cows nearby . I don't see them anymore and didn't even realize it!

    ReplyDelete